Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting from Audio/Video cables to a Coaxial cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talligan

I am trying to hook up a playstation2 to an older TV that I have. The playstation2 has audio/video(red, white and yellow) cables running out of the back that attaches to the TV. Unfortunately this TV is old enough that it doesn't have those on the back. It just has 1 coaxial cable hook up and 4 little metal screws. One metal screw says VHF, another says UHF, 2-13 and 14-83. I have tried simply adding a wire extension from the white and yellow and having them touch the coaxial cable hookup at the same time but that doesn't do anything.

Radioshack told me the converter from audio/video to coaxial is $50 :shock: so I'm trying to trim down that cost a little.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time
Ian

sony has something against piracy, don't ask me why...

playstation2 (or mine anyways) doesn't like going through the VCR because you could do things like tape DVD's etc... That was one of the first things I tried

Have you tried a RF adapter? I used to have one for the playstation that was made specifically for the playstation, cost about $15.

i have also seen that playstation adapter for sale, bout 11 euro. (~11$)
I was wondering, can this adapter also be used to convert the video signal to rf for a tv? i have tried the videorecorder method, but this cuts the rf signal after 5min. I set up a 555 timer circuit to "rewaken" the videorecorder by pressing "stop" every ~4min, but this is annoying as the "no cassett" text comes up every 4th minute. I will have a look for a pin out for that playstation adapter on google.

yea i dont remember it being 50 bucks.. but radio shack sells "RF modulators" that convert RCA to coax. if they dont have anything less than 50 bucks, i guess search online for rf modulator.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back