Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting Current output from DAC to voltage using op-amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavjayt

Hello,

I have a reference design to do DAC current output to voltage conversion shown in the attachment. It is taken off of a spreadsheet downloaded from either TI or Analog didnt remember exactly. Works fine for the values that it generates by the outputs are not exactly as calculated. The spreadsheet calculates all R values except Rf, R3 (supplied by the user, along with Vref and Vout). We are using this design with the outputs from DAC5672. For example, if I design it according to the values generated by the spreadsheet for say Vout = 4Vpp using THS3091, I am getting about -1.889V to 1.980V. I dont mind the discrepency, but would like to know which R(s) I need to tweak to adjust this for any given Vout. I have a prototype board with potentiometers for all resistors.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• i to v.png
    i to v.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 178
I'm really just guessing, but the circuit looks like it would respond (as you wish) by adjusting Rx and/or Ry, thereby altering the voltage division ratio.

Neither your post nor the schematic have *any* resistor values. Exactly what kind of advice do you expect? Please post *your* schematic with your resistor values.

ak

Neither your post nor the schematic have *any* resistor values. Exactly what kind of advice do you expect? Please post *your* schematic with your resistor values.

ak
Here you go, I was just asking the question in general. If schematic helps, that's great. The names in bigger font refer to the ones in the reference design.

Attachments

• i to v sch.png
    i to v sch.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back