Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

convert resistive sensors output to 0 - 5V??

Status
Not open for further replies.

settra

Hello forum. I have a resistive sensor, with output from 40ohm to 280ohm.

What i want to do is add some circuity to convert this output, to 0-5Volts. from what i can find, there is no way to do it using single-stage op-amp or just a resistor.. (best i can get is 1.5v to 4v) .so i suppose it will require a two stage op-amp or something...

can someone provide me with a circuit that will do this??

thanks!

Is the resistor volt-less (floating), or does it have one end fixed at 0V (ground), or .......?

What supply voltage(s) do you have available? How well regulated are they?

If this is an Arduino project, do you have a more positive voltage than 5.0V available?

It will be used in car enviroment. so it will be very noisy... i was thinking about using 5v as input. BUT, input regulation is not such a big probelm... the sensor itself will already have too much noise in the readings (fuel tank sender)
But nevertheless the output should be 0-5v!!

(p,s of course all circuity will be outside of the tank :p )

280 ohm.jpg
280 ohm output

40 ohm.jpg
40 ohm output

Attachments

• 40 ohm.jpg
    40 ohm.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 179
Modern Rail-to-rail OpAmp.
There is some combination of R1, R2 and R3 that perfectly fits the end points.
I included a slosh-filter (R5-C1).
Power supply filtering not shown...
Circuit is ratiometric with respect to the 5.00V source.

302.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back