Controlling two lights separately with one switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnabalkb

I am new to this forum, and a novice too... so please correct me if I am wrong.
I want a single lighting switch(single way) at home which controls two sets of tube (~ 50W each) separately,

Here's what the single switch does when flipped on-and-off quickly,
On -> Light A turns on
Off -> A turns off
On -> Light B turns on
Off -> B turns off
On -> Light A and B turns on
Off -> A & B turn off
...cycles repeat..

In my house a Chandelier does this, but can't open and inspect this. It is working using relay circuit I guess. I hear sound when it switches.
In our country the rating is like this (210V - 250V, 50-60Hz). Please help by giving a simple solution for this. If the product is available what should I tell to get that. Please guide me in this.

Thanks in Advance.

@MEJY1988: Thanks for the reply. I tried to spot Chandelier's brochure but it was hung sometime ago.. And currently I don't possess any brochure of that. We lost it while moving to this house.

Krishnabalkb,
Is the switch mounted on the chandelier or on the wall. I know that they make a pull chain switch that is used on ceiling fans to control the fan speeds and on the lights that could do close to what you want. But I believe that the switch does is:
1st Pull > Lights A (On)
2nd Pull > Lights B (On)
3rd Pull > Lights A & B (On)
4th Pull > All Lights (Off)
This would require the pull switch to be mounted on the light.

A second option that I know of would to use two separate switches, or a **broken link removed** (Two switches on one yoke). But this would require a three conductor wire plus ground to the light.

Sorry so long to reply. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…