Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling ESP 8266 from anywhere in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

MihirV

Hi!

I had a pretty simple project idea of controlling a car through the internet. I want the controller and the car to each have their own ESP8266, each connecting to separate networks.
My plan is to create an extremely simple website with a few text boxes with integers in them. I want the controller to update these numbers and the car to pull the values and run the motors accordingly.

This is only my second IoT project. Is there a simpler way of doing this? if not, what would be the best way to implement the above idea?

Thanks a lot,
Mihir.

Controlling a car with text boxes?

How will that work? What variable input will the text boxes represent?

Why not a joy stick?

The ESP not really suitable for graphics (photos/video) so what feedback will the remote "driver" see concerning the car's status?

i did that long time ago b4 smart phones exist ... text boxes for buttons ... sends a variable, i ran a car once on dtmf codes too through headphones on the cellular network, 8 go backwards,5 stop, same thing ... still kind of a lag ... http in my experience takes alot of time to be reloading pages.. I would suggest using the tcp port raw and just send a few bytes per instruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back