Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling Elevator Geared Motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

meysaminter

Hello,
I want to control Geared Motors for elevator .
these motors has 2 speed for slow and fast applications. and Thermoregulator for controlling fan and a brake magnet.
1 - with connecting three phase power does motor works immediately or needs some start up considerations?
2 - the control of fan is automatically or manual? if answer is manual what is the algorithm of control?
3 - how to measure the current of each phase?

any information of controlling of these type of motors will be usefull for me . Thanks.

Is the fan in the elevator?

I think the fan the OP is talking about is to cool the motor and the brake.

I attached motors terminals. i don,t khnow about FTS and FTO.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 170
Hello,
I want to control Geared Motors for elevator .
these motors has 2 speed for slow and fast applications. and Thermoregulator for controlling fan and a brake magnet.
1 - with connecting three phase power does motor works immediately or needs some start up considerations?
2 - the control of fan is automatically or manual? if answer is manual what is the algorithm of control?
3 - how to measure the current of each phase?

any information of controlling of these type of motors will be usefull for me . Thanks.

1. Depends on the motor. What kind of motor is it? https://www.electrical4u.com/induct...ing-braking-speed-control-of-induction-motor/
So, I would guess that in "low speed" the motor is star connected. And in "fast speed" you accelerate using star connection and then switch to delta connection for fast speed.

2. The fan is controlled by the thermostat.. google "fto/fts"
3. Shunt resistor or hall sensor.

I have a book about motor control. It is 350 pages long and not easy reading without good math, physics, control theory, electronics, programming and mechanical education.

So, Are you going to design all the electronics and software from scratch? I hope not.. And I hope this is not a job-related question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back