Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling a 30A contactor using Arduino Uno board

Isala_Silva

I am going to avoid a lead acid battery from overloading. I want to control overloading of the battery by using nearly a 30A contactor and an arduino uno board. How can i control the contactor using the arduino board ?

Welcome to ETO!
Which specific contactor?
Is the load purely resistive or is it inductive?
What voltages are involved?
Do you have soldering skills?

I'd suggest a simple, cheap, solid-state relay to control the contactor - many can operate from 5V with a few milliamps, and control a fully isolated high power AC load.

This type of thing; about 5mA on the control side at 5V:

Is this replacing or modifying existing operating equipment? Is there an emergency stop switch on apparatus?

Is it necessary to disconnect line voltage to prevent over charging?

If you are using Arduino for control, what are you using for regulating the charging of the batteries?

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back