Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Contraversial Issue:Religion vs. Science

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Next to religion i don't think of next life etc,

Also, it is but natural that we , the humans want to believe things only when and after they are convincingly proven to our satisfaction. -- perhaps it is one reason why earlier scientists were ill treated and troubled only because their observations were not convincing to others.

I am of the belief that we at scientific level prove and offer explanations for certain phenomenon. .If these are only to be beleived, it is possible that these very items were not beleived by our ancestors before their invention(let me call discovery- as the phenomenon were there even before humans thought they invented them.)

When eminent people of our contemporary age groups invent further new things and our generations below the line will only beleive then-- but we don't beleive them , as of now-- a paradox i feel.

Regarding religion and grat literature and preachings of GURUs, -- i beleive they are only lessons to contemporry humanity of the said times imposed by inteligentia to keep the society lve healthily and carry forward the generations ahead.

Many of these preachings are found very appropriate to present generations and thus we try to follow them.

These great people who preached and efforted to correct the distortions of the societies at different times at different places. Similarly i also feel it is our responsibility that the eminance available today is to toil and see that the contemporary socieny lives healthy and makes its mark for a better tomorrow.

too abstract it appears as we go deep into the subject.

I do not believe in God.

I do not believe everything I see in the news or even read in scientific journals.

I make up my own mind about things.

Some scientists say that mobile phones cause cancer.
Some scientists say that human cause climae change will bring about the end of the world.

I tend to believe what makes sense and seems logical to me; whether there is a scientific consensus on it or not makes no difference as far as I'm concerned.

I do understand that there are things that can't be explained but I don't use religion to fill in the gaps, I just except that there are some things that can't be explained.

ThermalRunaway said:
I can only "believe" in what I can see, or what can be proved by experiment. So, with that in mind I can't say that I believe in God. That doesn't mean I deny any possibility that he (or she) might exist, only that there is no evidence to support it at the moment and until some comes to light, I'm sticking with Science!!

Brian

"Believe" is based upon "Faith". If you only believe on what you saw, that is not "believe". They are knowledge and learning. You don't have to believe the "Facts". The "Facts" are always there. It's only your level of knowledge and learning.

I dont believe in "Religion" I believe in Christianity. There isn't any brainwashing involved, only choice. I CHOOSE to be a christian. No one tells me I have to do anything. It's a chioce.

Sincerely,
William

it wasn't a question of "witch", but "if" I assume.

Did you mean "which"? "Witch" opens up a whole other bag of worms...*

I thought my implication was obvious, which raises the question of whether or not it really was an implication to begin with.

*Harry Potter movie #5 and book #7 (yay!) coming soon! Christian hardliners beware!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back