Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

continuous rotation servos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I've made up my mind finally. I have decided to use mechie's idea using a 10 turn pot and somehow attaching it to the screw rod. What's a typical resistance for servo like 5kohm? Also would it work if I took a servo apart and just hooked up a geared motor (500mA to 1A) to it and the pot or what are some other things that I should consider? My choice may not be the best but this project only has to work for no more then 10-20minutes, after that anything is game for it. If modifing the servo idea won't work how about something like this **broken link removed** ?

Hey Roboticinfo....

You know you said right at the begining of the thread;

That is very simple but may I ask you this first.

What microcontroller and language do you know?

Well first of all, maybe YOU should be the one paying more attention - he had already said he uses VB (Visual Basic).

Next you said;

A friend of mine owns that website, anyway that software that is included works with full rotation.

Basicly you set the slide to 360 degrees

Does that answer your question?

Then a little later you said;

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:18 am Post subject: reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The most a servo can do is 270 degrees that is it, which was stated early next time pay attention.

Why do you need it to be that accurate?

If I couldn't go with servos I would go with steppers.

Usually steppers do skip a couple of steps sometimes, but if that would be a problem then you can use limit switches as also stated early.

What don't you get?

Hmm.....

Bleat bleat. :lol:

Roboticmisinfo[/b]

You need something like **broken link removed**

It uses a standard servo IC but has a H-Bridge to enable it to drive bigger motors and an external potentiometer.

Mike.

Hey pommie thanks for that link, I would buy that controller board but its from Australia and they say it will take 2weeks or more for it to get here to the US :( and I need to start hauling some a$$ on this project because I only got some 8 or so weeks left. I think I found something similar to what you have shown me what do you think...? https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2005/06/Solorbotics-kit10.pdf
If what I found is not even close then does anyone know where I can get a controller board like what pommie showed me?

roboticmisinfo said:
Hey Roboticinfo....

You know you said right at the begining of the thread;

That is very simple but may I ask you this first.

What microcontroller and language do you know?

Well first of all, maybe YOU should be the one paying more attention - he had already said he uses VB (Visual Basic).

Next you said;

A friend of mine owns that website, anyway that software that is included works with full rotation.

Basicly you set the slide to 360 degrees

Does that answer your question?

Then a little later you said;

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:18 am Post subject: reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The most a servo can do is 270 degrees that is it, which was stated early next time pay attention.

Why do you need it to be that accurate?

If I couldn't go with servos I would go with steppers.

Usually steppers do skip a couple of steps sometimes, but if that would be a problem then you can use limit switches as also stated early.

What don't you get?

Hmm.....

Bleat bleat. :lol:

Roboticmisinfo[/b]

Your on my black list and that is not a good thing, you better watch out newbie cause I am going to get you.

You are new to this forum and I have been here longer, there for I have way more expierence then you with this website and elec.
You are nothing but a wanna be newbie which you have achieved.
Congrates.

Also why don't you mock someone else before you mock peoples responses. All I am trying todo is help him that is all.
I may have changed the words a bit because I really didn't fully understand what he wanted till some of the ideas came in from other people.

Got it

Newbies
:roll:

https://www.futurlec.com/StepperMotorController.shtml

It's a cheap stepper driver with some very nice features. Just find a large stepper and from an old dot matrix printer. If you want to go faster just run a higher voltage and limit current. For example, ebay item # 7526375408 (Bargains @--> US$6.00) running at 50Vdc (transformer, bridge and cap) and with a 50R ballast resistor would out-spec most ~$100 rc servos.

Example, a Futuba 9252 ~$75-$114 96oz-in@6v and takes 0.14 seconds to turn 60 degrees, that's only 71RPM!! Where as the stepper would have more torque and spin a lot faster, my 200 step/rev steppers running @ 17V were doing 300rpm.

-This pic's off topic but i'm sure you know who gave me the idea, however the bottom part does not do it justice, try and imagine a 1kW photonic explosion inside your kitchen, mmm ozone :)

Attachments

• zap.jpg
    zap.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 577
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back