Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connection of PM42M-048 stepper motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikelectro

Can any one tell me how to connect a this stepper motor for uni direction. And what actually means by 2-2 phase motor?? I never worked before with motor...
WP_20141103_005.jpg
WP_20141105_003.jpg

You need to connect each winding to a full bridge.
At a guess I'd say 2-2 phase means 2 phases each with 2 wires.

I used L293D to drive the stepper motor. But after one or two minutes the ic got burned!

and here is my testing code to run the stepper motor with AT89C52
Code:
            ORG 0H
ASGN:        NOP
            MOV P1,#255
            NOP
MAIN:        MOV P1,#00000110B
            LCALL DLY
            MOV P1,#00000101B
            LCALL DLY
            MOV P1,#00001001B
            LCALL DLY
            MOV P1,#00001010B
            LCALL DLY
            AJMP MAIN
dly:
mov r0, #255
dly1:
mov r1, #40
dly2:
djnz r1, dly2
djnz r0, dly1
ret

Attachments

• l293d.jpg
    l293d.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
And here is switching sequence from the datasheet of stepper motor.
bipolar.jpg

Last edited:
Looks as though it should work, maybe you need a l298 which can handle more current.
Depending on the motor you might need to use current limit, both l293 and l298 support this, steppers particularly at low speed can saturate and draw excess current.

Now I have to buy some driver, I think! May be some heat sink can handle them better... But unable to think how to implement a heat sink in the DIP PTH package?:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back