Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connecting Sony Ericsson fastport to microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

eds_oyo

Hi,

can i connect my (AVR 3.3V USART) microcontroller directly to the Sony Ericsson T630's fastport(tx,rx and gnd)? I know i can use the DSR-11 cable, but that is a waste of components and power if it can be done directly.

I can't seem to find any information about the serial communication on the fastport, so I appreciate any info on this also (TTL/USART/UART voltage level etc.)

It seems that SE might be treating this as confidential information since there is so little information about it?

--Øyvind

Ok, I think I've figured it out myself.

I disassembled my DRS-11 cable and found that it uses the Sipex SP3203ECY chip, which converts the fastport's CMOS/TTL level signal(0-2V) to rs232.

This means that i need a logic level converter to connect the fastport to a microcontroller. I've ordered a TexasInstruments PCA9306DCTR and i think it will do the job just fine.

Datasheets & info:
Sipex SP3203ECY
TexasInstruments PCA9306DCTR
And here is a nice table displaying the different Logic Treshold Voltage Tresholds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back