Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Conjoining usb devices into single power source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanjones84

Hi guys,

Complete novice know-nothing here, just wondering if you could help me out..

I have 6 USB powered devices seperate to each other that I want to link up to a single power source (Portable battery). Each are 2.5W, 5V DC.

Would the easiest option here be to get a 6-port adapter or wire it myself (I can solder)? I'm not even sure if the adapter would lessen the output, and also what size battery I should get to make devices last around 1/2hr-1hr. That's how inept at this I am sorry!

Any help greatly appreciated, cheers!

just use a powered hub... you really can't "combine" USB devices in the sense you are thinking of. a USB hub is a local cntroller and manages the data i/o for each individual USB device. there are powered USB hubs with up to 12 slots... and then from there the hub connects to a USB slot on the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back