Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valente

Hey all

obviously im new. i stumbled across this fourm looking for a part app.. and now that im here i kinda got to thinking that some of you if not most of you are already in the electronics field and know alittle more about it than i do.
im a second year in a two year technical college. so im almost done but the problem is i dont know what i should do or where i should go from here. what type of job do i want or where do i want to get it. so if anyone could give me any type of input that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Valente said:
Hey all

obviously im new. i stumbled across this fourm looking for a part app.. and now that im here i kinda got to thinking that some of you if not most of you are already in the electronics field and know alittle more about it than i do.
im a second year in a two year technical college. so im almost done but the problem is i dont know what i should do or where i should go from here. what type of job do i want or where do i want to get it. so if anyone could give me any type of input that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Well you are obviously interested in electronics. So what areas of electronics interested you to the point where you would like to learn and do more with it? If you can identify these areas, I would suggest looking for a job that deals with these areas as well. If you choose not to continue school but instead go out and work in your field, the remainder of your learning experiences will continue on the job - so make it a good one!
Just because you might qualify for a certain job should not necessarily mean you should go after it.

I enjoy my work so much that I would actually do it for half the money (shhh dont tell) and I feel very fortunate to be in a position to make a statement like that..

What aspect of electronics do you enjoy the most? Design,troubleshooting,
repair,applications,communications,etc... I work as a industrial electronics tech, my job consists of component level board repair,electronic systems for the building( 1.3 million sq ft) barcode time clocks,pa system, prox card access control, computer network including fiber optic,1,000 watt metal cutting lasers, occasional design work...
Like Optikon ,my job is something I enjoy, a daily challenge..
I guess what I'm trying to say is that you need to think about what drew you to this profession and persue that aspect by gaining all the knowledge you can on that and subjects relating to it..

Jobs

Well if you're looking for the money and can still put in time to get certs. I'd say go with cisco. They are always looking for more people with certs in their fields because not many people go that route. Most people claim the cisco rout is to hard. I've heard that they pay better than microsoft though if thats what your looking for.

hey guys thanks for the input. but since its just my second year in this college thing, im not realy sure what i want to do exactly. the professors pretty much throw everything at me so i can get a little taste of everything and i cant really say what i like alot right now because its all so new to me. i was hoping this year in digital i can find something i can really put my interest into. so im still not exactly sure.
i guess i want to know wheres the money at? how hard is it to get into that possition? or what would i have to do to get there? and how demanding is it.
Because im just starting out i feel alittle skechy. i hear that people are going to expect so much of me on the job. and i guess that the more i learn the more comfordable ill feel about it but right now im pretty much shaken. id like to here about you guys when you first started out and maby it will help releave some tention.

and as far as that sisco thing im not exactly sure what your talking about the only sisco i know is sisco certification and i thought that was only for people in networking.

Code:
repeat
  get_more_education;
until  sure_what_to_do;

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back