Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Confused about witch job style to follow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGAmodzX

Hi everybody here .

So i will try to make this as brief as possible.

In 2009 when i was 19 , I started my first study with a two years program as shoe manufacturing methods agent basically involved in establishing the manufacturing schedule of a product .
This was a clean managerial job but requires mental effort as well as a great deal of organisation.

After finishing the study in 2011 , the next year 2012 i spent 6 months training as a methodist in a shoe manufacturing entreprise. I was basically lost i didnt know from where to start as the work in the entreprise was nothing like the things i have studied , So after finishing the 6 months training period i got confused and started hating that job , i then spent the next 6 months doing nothing just thinking about what to do next .

In september 2012 , i read about electronics repairs and got interested in this field since my father was doing something similar as an electrical technician so this way i can get aquainted with the job easily.

So i have started another 2 year study program in a electronics and software school , mainly focusing on electronics , because my goal was to work as an electronician another clean job even thou not as the previous one.

In summer 2014 i finished my studies in electronics.

On january 2015 i started another 6 months training period with a power electronics repair company , the first 4 months were good since i was doing basic electrical wiring only , didnt get involved in serious electronics repair yet.

Once i was given some electronics cards to repair , i found some PCB designs so hard to troubleshoot since the company was essentially repairing electronic variable frequency drives.

After that i started getting confused again with my carreer choice , so i decided to get out of the company and see what i can do , i then decided to buy a small workbench to enhance my troublshooting techniques without the pressure of working in a company but another problem occured....

Since i quit the company in summer 2015 , i got into a deep confusion state , my mental health started to decline leading to some serious mental illness , this state of mind lasted for about two years.

In summer 2017 i consulted a psychiatrist and started medication , after that my mental health started to get better , but i lost the energy to keep working , i spent about another two years doing nothing witch is really regrettable.

So now in 2019 and after all these tryouts and fails , i am thinking about getting back to working but am confused about witch job to resume ?

- Should i get back to my first profession as a methods agent ? Or progres in electronics be it on a company or on my own workbench ?

I appreciate your reading .

- Should i get back to my first profession as a methods agent ? Or progres in electronics be it on a company or on my own workbench ?
Obviously very difficult for us (or anyone, for that matter) to advise you on a career choice.

Just off the top of my head, I'd suggest keeping the "Methods" job (had to look that one up... :)) since you're already trained in that. Then start the task (on your "off time") of becoming competent in the electronics field (no small task).

Hi

What "excites" you about each profession? Money aside....I suggest going with the one that really stirs your interest...:)

Hi

What "excites" you about each profession? Money aside....I suggest going with the one that really stirs your interest...:)
Thanks . actually for the moment and after the things ive experienced am thinking of working as they say a white collar job .

Obviously very difficult for us (or anyone, for that matter) to advise you on a career choice.

Just off the top of my head, I'd suggest keeping the "Methods" job (had to look that one up... :)) since you're already trained in that. Then start the task (on your "off time") of becoming competent in the electronics field (no small task).
Thanks man that is a good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back