Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compressor needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpjumper

I am looking for a compact air compressor.
It needs to be in the 500 to 700 HP range, and run direct drive.
I would hope to have high pressure, IE multi stage to 4500 PSI. The compressor I am looking for would fit in a 3' x 3' x 3' box.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Why do I feel so confused by this post?

smanches, because it makes absolutely no sense.

I am looking for a compact air compressor.
It needs to be in the 500 to 700 HP range, and run direct drive.
I would hope to have high pressure, IE multi stage to 4500 PSI. The compressor I am looking for would fit in a 3' x 3' x 3' box.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Oh yeah?
Well that's interesting because i am looking for a battery that puts out
500 to 700 volts at 4500 amps, and the one i am looking for would
fit in a box 3 inches by 3 inches by 3 inches.

Couldn't resist :)

Aww but 3v0 I thought you were gonna pilot my mass driver approach?

Even at 50 -70 Hp you wont fit it in a 3 ft cube!
The typical 50 hp 3450 RPM three phase motor is around 3 feet long and two feet across by itself.
However three stage compressor units that do 4500+ PSI are fairly common and can typically be found in dive shops. They are used for filling the air tanks for scuba diving.
They are around 5 -10 hp and some could fit in a 3 ft cube.

A 500 -700 hp multi stage would be about the size of a mid sized bus!

wow

You know, its threads like this that just leave me in awe. I wonder if the poster logs on once in a while just to laugh as everyone scratches their heads trying to figure out the riddle that he's posted. haha

Where you located and how cheap?

I may be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back