Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

COMPONENTS TO DRIVE HIGH VOLTAGE&CURRENT FOR LARGE SEVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Duluguin

hello to any concern,

Please what components i am going to use inorder to buffer or raised the voltage,current and power from a device that ouputs logic signals such as display drivers in order to drive a LARGE SEGMENT DISPLAYS, EACH SEGMENTS ARE 12VDC,5W ATUOMOTIVE BULB. The display driver needs a sinking current of typical value of 8mA . I have been recommended before of using ULN2804 but i doubted if it will work since it is an NPN darlington pairs in which npn transistor's base current is pointing towards the base which is opposite from the display driver I've mentionedthat needs a sinking current.By the way the display driver is a 3 1/2 A/D converter display driver ICL7107. Moreover, say if i rather use a display driver that actually ouputs source current such as 74ls247 and then interface with the LARGE seven-segments I've made do you think the ULN2804 could still carry the required values in the side of the large segment displays.

THANKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back