Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Component ID please

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it in? Alot of mass produced electronic devices use house numbers on the IC. These won't match up with a datasheet. Sometimes you can get an idea of what something is by looking at where it is in the circuit and what its pins connect to.

Why do you need to know? Do you suspect it has failed?

Take a picture of everything around the chip, seeing it in context with the rest of the circuit will help identify it better than the part number will if you can't find it on Google.

Well, it has a "U4" designator, so it is an IC, not a transistor or diode.

So that's what that means? Fernando do you have a list of those silk screen designations on a web site somewhere I could view? I know Rx or Lx Cx obviously but not much else, aside from U being an IC =)

My first guess is it's a voltage regulator.

Thanks for the input chaps,

The device is a USB film scanner (similar to the USB microscopes) and populated with 4 of these. I`m reading a short between the 2 outer legs but without a datasheet, can`t be sure of pin designation.
USB power is fed to the tab of the first one, possibly a 4.X regulator ?

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back