Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparator problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYCBAR

I am making an audio amplifier using different op amp stages, one of them being a comparator. I have tried using a couple different Op Amps, both the 741 and the 386.
But I have the problem when -Vcc pin goes to ground (which is how I want to be able to design the circuit) the output signal is not like the output of a comparator. It is a complete mess, there is a lot of noise and peaks that show up.
Has anyone seen this problem before or know how fix it.

The 741 opamp is 46 years old and has very poor spec's (lots of noise output).
The LM386 is not an opamp, it is a little power amp that drives a little speaker.

An opamp needs its input biased properly but the LM386 amplifier already is biased and also already has negative feedback which is not used in a comparator circuit.

You forgot to say what is your input but if it is a low level then you must connect it with shielded audio cable or it will pickup interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back