Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Colour Sensor Transmitting Data Wirelessly to a Micro Controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sham12345

I wish to connect 6 of these colour sensors together:

https://www.quickerbuy.com/products...ule-analog-amp-digital-uart-spi-diy-152075782

To then connect to a Micro Controller. Then transmit the data wirelessly to another micro controller. My idea is to attach 6 Colour Sensors to a Snooker Table. Once a ball has been potted then the data is sent along a cable or some other device to the micro controller.

Then the micro controller analyses the data & sends the data wirelessly to another micro controller embedded in the electronic scoreboard which controls and displays the points on the electronic scoreboard.

What kind of technology will I need, please any help would be appreciated as I am really struggling, don't have much knowledge about electronics.

Thanks

I don't understand your game or how points are counted.
I have used the the color senser. It only sees one spot. I would use a color camera that sees the untire table.

The Color Sensor will sit on the rail of the snooker table pocket, like this:

https://tinypic.com/r/mw5miv/6

Once a ball has been potted, the color sensor captures the color of the ball. It then sends the data wirelessly to a Micro controller which analyses to see how much points the ball is worth and displays the points on the Scoreboard. E.g. Sensor Captures Color "BLUE" Data is sent to Micro Controller, It will be programmed with the points for each ball the Blue is worth 5 it adds 5 Points to the players score.

My problem is how to send the data wirelessly to a Micro Controller?

How to Program the Micro Controller to identify points for each ball?

How will it Display the points on the scoreboard

Please I really need help.
Thanks

Wireless adds a great amount of parts to this project. You need to get power to each sensor so run three wires around the table. Power, Ground, and Data.

I think this project is above your head. You need to learn to program a micro first. The "basic stamp" is a simple micro to start out with.
https://www.parallax.com/tabid/295/Default.aspx

Thank You for your reply! ;)

I'm not actually going to carry this out, just need's to work in theory for a University Project.

Please can you help me understand how will it be possible to connect each of the color sensors to a central micro controller.

Or

Somehow add wireless capabilities to each color sensor, would one these products solve the problem:

**broken link removed**

how would you connect it together with the color sensors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back