Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe2255

Is there a chart available that tells "how many turns" of "what type & size wire" to make a specific uH coil?

Attachments

• rfcalc.gif
    rfcalc.gif
    24.2 KB · Views: 461
TheOne do you have any calculator for transformers. i mean power transformers. i want such a program that will give me the number of turns of primary and secondary and the core size for the voltages and currents that i specify. it should also tell how much thick the wire should be

TheOne do you have any calculator for transformers. i mean power transformers. i want such a program that will give me the number of turns of primary and secondary and the core size for the voltages and currents that i specify. it should also tell how much thick the wire should be

I'm not TheOne, but you can't do that for transformers, unless you know the "AL Value" of the Inductor, Plus Much More.

The AL Value determines how much the Inductance is multiplied by a Specific Core Material and Size.

Seconday currents/voltages are determined by primary currents/voltages, as well as the cores ability to NOT Saturate.

Primary Inductance is a function of Frequency, Voltage and Turns of wire on a Given AL Value of core material.

Gets a Bit Complicated, Don't it. And this is Just a Bit of the Basics.

Using an inductance chart as in an ARRL Handbook, can help you with the Needed Value of inductance, But Calculating it is Rather Difficult.
There is also a wire table in this book to help with wire gauges.

ARRL = American Radio Relay League. Radio Amateur Handbook.

For what type of transformers? 50/60Hz or high frequency for ferrite type?

Calculators

The RFCal is great.

Do you know of any other free downloadable tools that deals with electronics.

I will make a list and post links in a day or two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back