Coils, windings, and formulas-OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

indegreen

Hi all,
This is my first post on Electrotech. I am about to build a dual rotor axial flux alternator, and I am in need of an online calculator for # of winding turns, air gap distances, wire size etc. Anyone know of such a site, or steps for manual calculations would be fine (If I must!).
Thanks

Go check the sticky I made and have a look at otherpower that will tell you everything you need to know. Or some of the other links I put in there. Really for a newbie that is first place one should look

Last edited:
Hello again Bryan1,
I thought a sticky was a link, but perhaps I should just ask, what is a sticky please. and where did you put it?
Thanks

a good start

**broken link removed**

Hi, the above has all the info you requested.

I built three VAWT's that produce a max of 5 amp's @ 16 volts AC. I am looking for a circuit that I can use to connect the outputs together for charging a battery bank. I was thinking convert the output to DC then connect them in series.

I did find out that large wire give more current but requires high RPM's.

I used two wires of 22 gauge to wind my coils and they max out at about 700 RPM's. I am hoping they will start producing at a lower wind speed.Best of luck and I hope to see some pics.

Attachments

• 0009[0].JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 371
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…