Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coaxial to A/V converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxuriesPremier

Simple yet maybe not... I need a schemati for a coaxial to A/V converter so i can for example use a dvd player on a old t/v for shits and giggles and what not heh... Thanks for any help in advance !

luxuriesPremier said:
Simple yet maybe not... I need a schemati for a coaxial to A/V converter so i can for example use a dvd player on a old t/v for shits and giggles and what not heh... Thanks for any help in advance !

I haven't got a clue what you mean!.

Try and explain better - what have you got, and what are you trying to do?.

Let me draw it LOL

In order to use a dvdp layer on a t.v u need the correct connectors!?!?!?

Attachments

• converter.JPG
    converter.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,104
https://www.maplin.co.uk/

Velleman Kit
K4601 Audio Video TV Modulator

The modulator is used to connect a video signal from a camera or other video source to a normal TV. The audio and video signal is converted into a UHF TV signal that can be received through the TV antenna input. The kit comes complete with the housing. The stereo output from the dvd player will have to be mixed together before entering the converter though a neater solution is to buy a cheap pair of computer speakers, the ones with a built in amplifier. That way you can play audio cd's without having to turn the tv on as well.

nope

I want a schematic not a link to buy something the point of this is to build my own. anyone can buy a devive already made for them... I know it is possible to build one i jsut can't find a schematic. I don't really want to go the way of a transmitter device either i want it hard wired.

Re: nope

luxuriesPremier said:
I want a schematic not a link to buy something the point of this is to build my own. anyone can buy a devive already made for them... I know it is possible to build one i jsut can't find a schematic. I don't really want to go the way of a transmitter device either i want it hard wired.

The link posted isn't for a transmitter device, it's for hard wiring.

As he stated, what you need is an RF modulator, but you haven't listed your location in your details - so we don't have any idea what sort of specification you require.

Building it yourself from scratch probably isn't an option, RF construction (particularly at UHF frequencies is critical). An easy way would be to use an RF modulator out of an old VCR, build yourself one around one of those.

You wouldn't believe the number of people who come in the shop where I work wanting a 'SCART to aerial plug lead' - we now just tell them we don't stock them, try where they bought the DVD player - people just get angry when you try and explain there's no such thing.

Personally I would save time buy gutting a modulator from a scrap vcr, there's enough of them about, but if you really need that satisfaction that comes of building from scratch...

http://members.tripod.com/~petlibrary/rfmod.htm
[cheap an cheerul but no audio]
**broken link removed**
[appendix a figure 4 the chip at the heart of the circuit is a MC1374]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back