Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CNC kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 75 year old milling machine that I converted to CNC using large stepper motors.
Details are on these 2 links if interested.

I kept the handwheel cranks because the only time I use CNC is for engraving and circuit boards.

Those little machines with multi-part aluminum frames may be good for engraving and circuit boards and light machining in plastic or wood. BUT, the first time you abuse it, the whole thing will be loose and wobbly and never be precise again.

Thanks everyone. Lots of good info.

Shortbus== and ClydeCrashKop have convinced me that a regular milling would be a better choice for regular work. But one of the small Banggood machines would still be useful for panel engraving which wouldn't be practical for a non CNC mill.

I think I'll probably get the Banggood 3018 Pro model which appears to be a bit more solidly built than the regular 3018. And I'll keep my eyes open for a good deal on a regular milling machine. And if I can adapt the regular machine to CNC at some point in the future, then so much the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back