Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good Robot Starter Kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This web site sells a lot of kits
**broken link removed**

If your starting in programming, it's good to start with the basic stamp 2 or the oopic or basic atom, it's a good way to prepare yourself for the PIC microcontroller later on .

This web site has kits with basicstamp 2 and the oopic microcontrollers
www.robotstore.com

I recommend this kit if your on a budget it shows you how to use microcontrollers and it is way cheaper then the boe-bot although the boe-bot is a better choice to go with for beginners.

if you live in the US, which I am assuming you do, then you can't go wrong with the Boe-Bot, and the best thing is I just saw it at Radio Shack for $99 ! I couldn't believe my eyes....it was like $200 a few months ago

maybe this 99$ one was a cardboard cutout of boe bot. i doupt that its price is going to fall to 99$ like EVER.

maybe this 99$ one was a cardboard cutout of boe bot. i doupt that its price is going to fall to 99$ like EVER.

believe me, it is true. Go to your local Radio Shack and find out for yourself. Or check their site:

https://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104566&cp

Radio Shack is more interested in their VEX robotic kit so they're getting rid of the Boe-Bots. I just finished building my own version of the Boe-Bot that I built from scratch and I thought I would save money but I wish I waited 3 more weeks for this deal instead! arghhh

ell still i wouldn't buy it as 100$ is a bit tooo buch for me. i can build like 3 bots with the same mony and they are much bigger and stronger. basic stam itself hasn't got a good value IMHO. i preffer PICAXE what is as big, cheap and cool as pic itself as picaxe is a preprogramme pic. it is perfect for robots that aint gotta be very fast. perfect introduction for little kids. when learning picaxe you can learn more in an hour than you could in a month with PIC assembler or C. picaxe is programmed in basic. programmer and programming tool is free and wery easy to use.

www.picaxe.com

Maybe get the robot Robotroom.com's David Cook has out at solorbotics.

**broken link removed**

His two books are great too. How I learned a LOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back