Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cleaning Keypads on Electronic Musical Keyboards and Similar Keypads

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidkien68

Hi,

I am restoring a Casio CTK 671 that was quite dirty. There is a typical telephone style numeric keypad which has a few sticky keys. **broken link removed** One barely works at all. I tried using some alcohol swabs and some spray/air cleaner that I got from Radio Shack or a similar place like Frye's.
I have only gone through the top and it's not making much difference. It looks like there will need to be some desoldering of various wires to get the kepad out
to clean it. I'm wondering if there are alternative methods for cleaning through the top of such a keypad, or if such keys are possibly worn out beyond repair.
-------------------
tra cuu ma so thue
may nen khi fusheng

Last edited:
Product called cyber-clean. Never used it so I can't vouch for its quality, but certainly worth a look.

Is this an elastomer keypad like found in calculators? There are repair kits.c

The DeOxit products http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/.f come highly recommended.

For a protectant, I use stabelent 22 (spelling?) and conducto-lube? Both being very pricey. i always use dielectric grease or petroleumm jelly when replacing lamps etc. and on a lot of contacts. i.e. A light bulb gets dielectric grease. A charging contect for a cordless phone gets cunducto-lube.

There are horror stories with people using WD-40. Some switches require lubrication of some sort/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back