Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikky

Hi all,

I need to understand how this circuit works for AC and DC signal upto 10V.

Attachments

• ckt.JPG
    ckt.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 159
Hi all,

I need to understand how this circuit works for AC and DC signal upto 10V.

hi,
Its fairly easy to explain, but I would like to see how you believe the circuit works.:)

Last edited:
Yes,

I know it very simple to understand. What i have understood is as follows

Their would be a potential difference across R3 nd R4. When the +V is given to R1 and ground to R2, the diode D2 and D3 will conduct providing again a potential difference at the end of the ciruict which could be used for the difference amplifier.

When the +V is given to R2 and ground to R1, D4 and D1 will conduct giving potential difference at the end.

The point i stuck is when the +V is given to R1, D2 also conduct. So what would be the voltage at that point? what would be the equation for that??

I know it very simple to understand. What i have understood is as follows

Their would be a potential difference across R3 nd R4.
* thats correct, the Vs1 = 1V according to the drawing

When the +V is given to R1 and ground to R2,
*the R2 is not grounded, it goes to ground via R6 and R8

the diode D2 and D3 will conduct providing again a potential difference at the end of the ciruict which could be used for the difference amplifier.
*The drawing shows Vs1 is +1V.

* With the centre points of the diodes connected to 0V ground via 1k resistors R7 and R8 and to the 1V source via R1/R5 and R2/R6 which are 100k resistors, the voltage at the junction of the diodes will be less than the turn on voltage [0.7] of the diodes, so the diodes will not be conducting.

When the +V is given to R2 and ground to R1, D4 and D1 will conduct giving potential difference at the end.

The point i stuck is when the +V is given to R1, D2 also conduct. So what would be the voltage at that point? what would be the equation for that??

* with voltage drop across R1/R5 and R2/R6 the diodes are off and can be ignored, so just calculate the circuit using the resistor voltage drops.

hi,
Hope you follow ok.
IMO its a poorly designed question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back