Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four AA batteries make 6V only when they are brand new. Then the voltage quickly drops to 4.8V as they are used then drops slower to 4V when they are dead.

74HCxx ICs operate with a unregulated supply voltage from 2V to 6V.

At 3 vdc the circuit should still work except for the relay coil correct? How long do you think it would take for the batteries to give out? At rest the circuit should use very little power, only when the motor is on is there serious drain. May add a comparator to urn on a low battery light. I also need to run a light for the photo resistors. Any sugesstions? I was thinking about using light sensitive resistors instead. Thank you again for your time.

If the gates are hiugh speed cmos 74HCxx series then they will work and the flip-flop will drive R11 properly.
The Mosfet is spec'd with a gate voltage of at least 4.5v but some of then will work wirh only 3V.
The motor might not run with only 3V.

Battery manufacturers such as Energizer have datasheets for all their batteries on their website.
The transistors at idle are using some current but the current in the Cmos gates and flip-flop is almost zero.

Would 74HCxx series work. I am not very good at reading datasheets. I was never formally taught how to read them. Also the mosfet (IRF3711ZL) is not listed in mouser.com. Could you tell me what to look for in the datasheets so I can find one that is available.

The IRF3711ZL Mosfet is spec'd to have a very low resistance when it is turned on with a gate voltage of 4.5V. Then it is called a "logic level" Mosfet.
Ordinary Mosfets are spec'd with a gate voltage of 10V.

The 4.5V gate voltage is listed in the column for "Resistance Drain-Source (RDS (on)).
a reasonable resistance is 1 ohm so i tried 0.995 ohm but no Mosfet was found. You might search for months.

Where do you recommend I find an IRF3711ZL. Even though I just lost my job and have nothing but time, I would like to have this working by the end of the year. Would 863-NTR4003NT1G
work resistance Drain-Source RDS (on) = 1.5 Ohm @ 4 V or 2 Ohm @ 2.5 V. Thank you for the guidance.

Digikey has 500 IRF3711ZL in stock for $2.83US each.
Newark has 367 in stock and have a promo price of only $1.06US each.

Can you tell me the differences between 74acxx and 74hcxx. I think the ac will work in my application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back