Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit debug

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a story, probably a myth, about "debuggeing".

Years ago computers are not like they are today with 1,000,000(s) of microscopic parts.
Before ICs, before transistors, there were tube and also relay computers.
A relay has mechanical switches. Pieces of metal that move to make contact.
They story said, the computer stopped working right. A bug had flown into a computer, probably to get worm. The bug had died and fallen into a relay. It dead body was stuck so the switch could not close.
The repair man removed the dead bug and the computer worded.
debuggeing= the act of removing a bug
**broken link removed**

There is a story, probably a myth, about "debuggeing".

Years ago computers are not like they are today with 1,000,000(s) of microscopic parts.
Before ICs, before transistors, there were tube and also relay computers.
A relay has mechanical switches. Pieces of metal that move to make contact.
They story said, the computer stopped working right. A bug had flown into a computer, probably to get worm. The bug had died and fallen into a relay. It dead body was stuck so the switch could not close.
The repair man removed the dead bug and the computer worded.
debuggeing= the act of removing a bug
**broken link removed**

Its true! I read it on the internet ;)

True, I read on the internet that for $14.95 they will make me an inch taller. (or is that longer)
I get those adds as well ;), not needed in my case :p, an inch longer is greatly different from an inch taller!! lol

For $$ I can learn the secret to make any woman jump into bed with me.
If I had $$$$$$ there would be less of a problem.

For a few $$ extra I would remind what to do once they were there :D

K S .. As you see its one of those terms there to confuse... Programmers sometimes don't get it right first ( or twenty-first) time , so the code is run on a physical system along side a monitoring program, ( and/or hardware interface) this can step or break the execution of the main program, the bugs or unexpected results can then be traced to problem code. sounds easy , but is not.

Debugging does not have to be software, but can be hardware, or automotive, or aircraft, or looking for errors/broken/missing in almost any field. Usually technology related fields. This word came from computer repair and spread from there.

If your bugging out can you be debugged? :D. Or maybe debug someone who is bugging you?

Yes a 6.6 year old sister, and I do have several several debug techniques I use with her ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back