Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Analysis - Help please..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNobody

Hi, I was doing my self study on circuit analysis from the book "Understanding Circuits - Learning Problem Solving Using Circuit Analysis". Below is a question from that book and I just can't seem to get the answer. I've been cracking my head for a while now.. Can comebody please point me the right way on how to calculate Vo..?
Thanks..

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 284
Hi there,

Do you mean you want to know what Vo is? I see VA, VB, VC, but no V in the circuit there.

The key equations are the following :
-> IC=IB=I1
-> I1=-IA-2mA (1)
-> VA = VB + Vo (VA is also applied across the 2mA-current device) (2)

By substituting the given equations and (1) in (2), you finally get IA = -24mA / 9 (the - means different polarity than the one assumed)

By knowing IA, you also know I1 and using the given equations, by (2) you can find the Vo value!

Sorry, what is I1..? Which part of the circuit..?
Thanks..

Just a constant! Trying to show that IC and IB can be substituted by the same symbol in the equations. Sorry for not clarifying this! In fact I have written the post in a little hurry, 'cause I'm in work. I hope I haven't done any major mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back