Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Christmas Star project

Status
Not open for further replies.
The silkscreen is white. Cover the whole thing in silkscreen, or use negative space to enhance the star space.

Stand by for questions on covering the top of the board with silkscreen and what negative space is. Twenty pages, here we come.

It wouldn't be sporting to bring up back-firing LEDs would it?

I didn't read Visitors post until just now. Been mulling over ideas and editing code for a different project BUT covering the entire board with white silk screen is a fabulous idea.
Earlier I was attempting to make a jpeg of just one square, one color then inserting into the program but kept getting an error. will do more searching.

checking board over again and found a descripensiy in the library and jlc smt parts in stock?
C2290 shows 301,677 in stock but in JLC smt it shows discontinued
contemplating ordering boards regardless.

You might send JLC a message and ask. Not having half the LEDs installed defeats the purpose of having boards assembled, no?

0603 LEDs by hand would not be a simple task to solder by hand.

If they can't supply that LED, find a different one from the extended list. You'd pay an extra $3 setup fee, but doesn't that make more sense then trying to hand solder half the LEDs?

Jlcpcb is closed until Thursday. It is "National Day Golden Week" in China. Some manufacturing companies are closed Thursday and Friday as well so, possibly a week from Monday.

It's always curious how some of China's "day" celebrations last a week or even two, and the country is virtually shut down. I don't think it's a bad thing, but it sure can be frustrating when you're on a deadline.

It's always curious how some of China's "day" celebrations last a week or even two, and the country is virtually shut down. I don't think it's a bad thing, but it sure can be frustrating when you're on a deadline.

The country essentially scheduled holidays three times per year (conveniently spaced at 4-month intervals) since there are no recognized religions in China. Many manufacturing companies use these shutdown weeks for major maintenance projects or installation of new equipment.

I put this project on hold temporally. Looking at $10 per board complete plus add the wall wart.
plus I have two other projects I need to finish for LOML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back