Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

choke filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps it would be an idea to tell us EXACTLY what you are trying to do?, if it's simply that you're playing with a simulator, then you're probably wasting everyones time (including your own).

However, if you're trying to design a 1950's (or 30's or 40's) valve power supply, then you're also wasting your time with such questions about noise.

okay thank you very much :)

i am sorry for wasted everyones time :) i just want to know is it right that the inductor source noise, and i try to simulate a circuit with the inductor, so, i choose a simple power supply circuit for compare is it true that inductor is the source of noise.. okay.. thank you all :)

zhi_yi said:
okay thank you very much :)

i am sorry for wasted everyones time :) i just want to know is it right that the inductor source noise, and i try to simulate a circuit with the inductor, so, i choose a simple power supply circuit for compare is it true that inductor is the source of noise.. okay.. thank you all :)

You havn't wasted my time, I choose to waste my own time. :lol:

I fyou want to study noise of individual components, you will need to setup a noise simulation with proper modelling. The power supply is a poor choice because it overcomplicates things. All you need for a simple noise simulation is a generator and a component. If you study up on noise theory, you will find that pure reactances do not exhibit intrinsic noise sources, so why would you think a simulation would show one? If the sim did, I would believe it to be incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back