Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

chip designing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapil2003

how do i undertsand by looking at the chip that what their function is ? i mean can i draw the circuit diagram by just looking at the chip ?

kapil2003 said:
how do i undertsand by looking at the chip that what their function is ? i mean can i draw the circuit diagram by just looking at the chip ?

No, a chip is just a lump of plastic (usually!) with pins sticking out of it, the only clue as to what it does is given by the number printed on it.

well though you cannot guess at the internal ckt by just looking at it, there are a whole lot of books and websites out there that will give you just what you need.

like nigel pointed out, the first thing to do is to check the number of the chip, for instance OP07C is an op-amp.
once you do that, you cann look up www.vishay.com or www.datasheetlocator.com

if your chip is from texas instruments, you can go straight to their home page and search for your component there!

datasheetlocator is pretty extensive, if you know your manufacturer, things are all the more simple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back