Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chinese symbols/translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has decided to give it up. No tattoo in Chinese. Whew.

Thanks folks. Merry Christmas all.

Cheers,
TV Tech

Funnily enough I won a £30 voucher for a tattoo a month or two ago :D

I gave it to a woman at work, who already had a tattoo on one thigh, and wanted one on the other.

Good for you Nigel. Thing is it probably was not a Chinese interpretation thing... Never again...ever.
Almost lost her because of it :eek:

Cheers,
TV Tech

Last edited:
Did you check the reverse translation back to English? Google gave "blue wildebeest," which is not quite the same.

Proper nouns cannot be translated. I did test a few others (like Coca Cola) and did get a Chinese equivalent, which appeared to be just a letter by letter translation to the Chinese characters. The Chinese equivalent translated into every language using our alphabet as "coca cola." Since it is the Christmas season, try translating Christmas to Chinese, then back translate to German, Spanish, English. I got gibberish with Google.

John

Hi John,

No, to be truthful, I did not reverse check, but funny enough, the Chinese translation is actually 100% correct. The Blue Bulls team actually does refer to the "Blou Wildebees" which is the Blue Wildebeest as shown in the translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back