Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

child safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahesh411

I am doing a mini project on child safety using rf technology.it is wireless communication between child and parent.the parent carries one micro controller and child carries another microcontroller,when child is moved away certain distace from the parent the buzzer sounds. is it uses two microcontrollers (atiny2313) one for child and another for parent.it uses serial periperal interface bus connected to a cypress chip to transmit and recive signals.

so i need a soft copy of above project,so please help me

What's a soft copy?
Oh come on now Bill, you know better that that!
He just wants all the project documentation and code files so that he can edit it a bit and present it as his own work.

JimB

It's interesting how many students seem to think that someone in this forum will supply instant complete designs for their projects upon request.

If it really worked that way my job would be a no-brainer.

Mahesh,

I think you are working with CYFI available from cypress. If so, you can directly use them with the other cypress chip (PSoC) which are having inbuilt SPI interface module. So keep one CYFI in the transmitter side and other in the receiver side. Transmit any thing\ symbol or character at every 30 sec or whatever you need. And on the other side keep receiving this symbol or character. If you get them send the acknowldge back else turn on the buzzer. Since every rf transmiiting chip is having its limited range, the communication between the transmitter and the receiver will be lost after both of them moved away more than certain distance.

This might be a silly question but how easy would it be to change the transmission distance so you can decide how much freedom you kid has? Would it consist of decreasing the power output (if possible), or shielding the antenna some how?

Yes, you can alter the range of the detection by setting the power level.
In PSoC IDE, of cypress if you select the rf SPI it is having the option for selecting the power dB.

Here's the analog version. Feel free to breadboard this for prototyping.

Attachments

• ChildLeashWoman.jpg
    ChildLeashWoman.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 573
You can get them from the cypress site. Cypress Semiconductor.

Their is the seperat section for the wireless (CYFI). You will get the application notes of it along with the example projects.

Also project **broken link removed** you can get the help from many peoples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back