Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cheap ways to advertise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebay is cheap and most search engines I've used results that include listings from there. Spam will get you banned on most sites and servers, not to mention bodily harm if your secret identity is blown.

You can always tape a sign on your's or your co-workers back, 'kick me' was a good one in grade school, very cheap.

Most anything legal will cost you money. Most cities in America require you purchase a permit to post or pass-out flyers, or fine you heavy if you don't.

yea ive done flyers not cops stoped me i later found out it was illegal lol

Really need to give more information. What is the product? Who is your target market? What sort of budget do you have?

This is really a weird request in an Electronics Forum. Most electronic means of advertising aren't exactly cheap, the ones that are will usually get you into trouble (the Boston terror thing with the LED signs). Basically in the world of business, you get what you pay for.

Again, we need to know what you are wanted to advertise to really offer suggestions.

I own a small tool sharpening business, and I have had almost no luck with direct mail (expensive!!!) very low return on flyers. The best bang for the buck has been a small print ad in the local shopper thats distributed free to the community.

I know that most small businesses will allow you to put fliers up in their for a small price, if not free.

flyers aren't illegal - distributing them on public property without permission from The Man is. That's why most flyer passer-outers do it on private property, it's easier and cheaper to get some store manager's permission than getting the OK from The Man.

Who is The Man? Uncle Sam? or the guy whom you are about to hand over the flier to?

And if one has a permit (is it applicable only to public places?), does he still need permission from The Man?

Can't you just walk about and say "May I hand you a copy of this flyer?"

"The Man" would be the government, the people who make the laws, take your money, or throw you in jail. I believe that a good portion of these flyers end up as trash, blowing around on the ground. That would be a good enough reason to limit distribution. Also, thieves use to distribute bogus flyers to homes, apartments, cars, checking for unlocked doors in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back