Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap Universal Zif Socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

passionmcu

Hi
I am looking for cheap (but good quality) Universal Zif socket for my projects. Any sockets I found are very very expensive. Can anyone give a reference to some Cheap Zif sockets please?
Thanks in advance

Where do you live? What do you consider cheap. The Chinese 3M knockoffs are cheap in every way. They sell them in Downtown Toronto on College St.

Try ebay, but be careful, it you buy trash, it won't be very good.

Cheap Zif Sockets on Ebay

Hi
I am looking for cheap (but good quality) Universal Zif socket for my projects. Any sockets I found are very very expensive. Can anyone give a reference to some Cheap Zif sockets please?
Thanks in advance

Hi
If you are lokking for cheap(but quality) Zif sockets within UK then check this product on Ebay **broken link removed**

How do you know it's good quality?

I bought one that looks like that off eBay and I wasn't overly impressed.

How do you know it's good quality?

I bought one that looks like that off eBay and I wasn't overly impressed.

Likewise, the lever mechanism on some 20 pin ones I bought was sloppy and falls out. They were marked 3M TFXtool rather then 'Textool'

An alternative to a genuine 3M ZIF socket are the ones manufactured by Aries and they are generally quite a bit cheaper cost wise than a similar 3M part. **broken link removed**

Buy the one I liinked. They are genuine and "cheap". I got some TEXTMATE or something off EBAY and the damn pins were all out of alignment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back