Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cheap toy organ but want flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

Here is a basic toy organ that my cub scouts are going to build using female header plugs (got 50+ for free) pcboards, 8 pin dip socket. really cheap speaker from Goldmine.
In theory it will work but I also have 500 LEDs coming my way as well but trying to come up with a way to include numerous LEDs in this circuit
any ideas?

Attachments

• toy organ.PNG
    toy organ.PNG
    33.1 KB · Views: 184
I always thought that an organ produces music, not just non-musical buzzing beeps at various unrelated frequencies.

Audioguru, obviously you haven't been watching MTV lately. :rolleyes:

MrDeb: Since you have a switch for each "note", why not tie a LED with it? Make each note light up as they press it.

thats what I was thinking but the leds won't come on using the 10k resistors. ??
my other problem is why the LT spice dosn't show my square wave?

LT spice circuit

no square wave out of pin 3??
must have missed something?
Audioguru remember these are 6-9 year old kids. They tore apart 2 computers yesterday and had los of fun.
I just received my shipment of LEDs and switches (not real overjoyed with switches but will make do)
now just need a quick solution to get the leds included so I can order parts for next Monday

Attachments

• 555 circuit.PNG
    555 circuit.PNG
    27.3 KB · Views: 143
crazy idea I have

maybe won't even work but?
thats why I like simulating a circuit but can't get a square wave out f LT spice?
wanting, lookng for quick suggestions as I need to keep as cheap and easy as possable

Attachments

• 555-2.PNG
    555-2.PNG
    39.3 KB · Views: 524
Your buzzer circuit doesn't buzz because you have pin 5 of the 555 shorted to the positive supply. Leave pin 5 unconnected.

When I was 8 years old I played the piano and made real music, not just buzzing noises.
My kids played a Casio music synthesizer keyboard when they were 8 years old.

Mr Deb my boy is in the scouts (hes 9) its always fantastic to see volunteers for this sort of thing putting so much effort into what is a unpaid role! i know that when our boy does stuff like this at scouts he absolutely loves it. well done mate people like you make a difference and to be honest i doubt the kids will care what sound comes out i think they will be thrilled just to make it work :D

THANKS I enjoy the time spent with the scouts.
This gizmo is really got me perplexed. there has to be a way to make the buttons change the resistor values as well as light up a separate LED.
I played with diodes in different arrangements but?

well I am thinking one or the other
blinking LEDS (pushing buttons and turning on an LED) or making sound unless someone can come up with a solution.
I got it where the LEDs are n the circuit but only drawing PA=really dim leds

i am too much of a noob to offer much help but i would go for sound with kids, i am thinking it must be possiable to do cheap stuff like alter the resistance but holding both ends of a wire and using there bodys as a giant resistor therby altering the noise :D diff kids are bound to make a diff noise! of course i could be talking absolute rubish but i like the therory :D:D plus if that works then water with and without stuff added like salt/sugar etc could also be used.........................anyway i best shut up as i have no idea what i am talking about :D:D keep up the good work

talk about a challenge!!

it would be simple to just layout a pc board but using 11 pin female header plugs so the scouts can insert the different components is really a challenge.
after I get a layout I need someone to direct me to a program that lays out the componets using the resistor color codes, components outline etc. Have seen several posted with color etc.
have a pretty good layout designed but waiting for parts to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back