Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap methods for reballing bga chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyb15

Hi all, i have been reading around and it seems that some folks are able to reball bga packages with little more than a toaster oven, flux, a stencil, and bga balls. I have a stencil that i bought and it does a good job of getting all of the balls alligned however whenever i start to "bake" it, the balls end up clumping together instead of staying on each individual pad. I know there are much better methods for reballing (and much more expensive) but just wondering if anyone had any success using a cheaper alternative?

Hi all, i have been reading around and it seems that some folks are able to reball bga packages with little more than a toaster oven, flux, a stencil, and bga balls. I have a stencil that i bought and it does a good job of getting all of the balls alligned however whenever i start to "bake" it, the balls end up clumping together instead of staying on each individual pad. I know there are much better methods for reballing (and much more expensive) but just wondering if anyone had any success using a cheaper alternative?
Is it due to high temp
you may perhaps set it at a lower temp.
however please see this site
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back