Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap Isolation Transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noggin

I have purchased two fairly cheap isolation transformers from plccenter.com.

500SV46B by Groupe Schneider - Buy or Repair at PLCCenter
The item above is intended to be a 120 or 240 step down to 16 or 32 volts. I wired the secondary coils in parallel and capped them off so that they wouldn't short to anything. I used the two primary coils as though they were the primary and secondary coils. I can get a few hundred watts through that one and it works quite well. Cost is $85.50.

HS1F15AS by Sola Electric - Buy or Repair at PLCCenter
1500 watt behemoth and weighs in at about 40 lbs, cost is $120 or so. I have it configured as a 1 to 1 for 120v output and a 1 to 2 for a 240v output and have two outlets installed on it.

I also piked up a couple of thermal breakers from Mouser for $2.50 each.

Most isolation transformers I found online were in the $400 range for 500 watts. Thought I'd share this place.

Last edited:
If you want cheap high power isolation transformers, roll them yourself. The hard part is the core =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back