Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chasing LED Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARINE1142

I used the search feature on the forum but did not find what I was looking for and was hoping someone here could help. I was looking for a print I wanted 6 led of differect color to chase one way then start over. Was looking for the simpliest circuit.

I done a really simple version of this while trying to work out how to program a pic! if you want to go that route ill try help (im still a noobie to this so dont expect too much) Im sure the rest of the guys here might have a different easier solution!

Here is a simple circuit to make the 6 LEDs chase back and forth:

Attachments

• Knightrider LEDs.gif
    Knightrider LEDs.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 537
Perfect just what I was looking for thank you audioguru. Couple of questions on it. Can you use different color leds with the right resistors, part list for diodes would be great and what is the operating voltage.

You can use any color LEDs. The CD4017 limits the current itself so resistors are not needed if the supply voltage is between 6V and 9V.

Any little diodes are fine. 1N914 or 1N4148 are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back