changing ac electric motor rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountnman

I'm trying to wire in a on off on toggle switch to a 1/2hp baldor motor. I'd like to wire it so I can change rotation by flipping the toggle to one position or the other middler of course being off. It's single phase and I purchased a double pole double throw on off on toggle switch for it. The motor schematic shows to interchange wires 5 & 8 to reverse motor rotation, help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Hi John thanks for the reply I'm gonna try what you have there but it looks like what I had and I was getting humming from the motor even in the off position. I'm gonna try what you have figured but I already ordered a drum switch I'm positive that will work. I don't think that toggle switch has enough terminals for what I'm trying to do I think the line in needs to be seperate from the 2and 4 wire combination until you flip the switch and everthing needs to come together then to get it going. Thanks for your help I sure appreciate it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…