Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

changing ac electric motor rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountnman

I'm trying to wire in a on off on toggle switch to a 1/2hp baldor motor. I'd like to wire it so I can change rotation by flipping the toggle to one position or the other middler of course being off. It's single phase and I purchased a double pole double throw on off on toggle switch for it. The motor schematic shows to interchange wires 5 & 8 to reverse motor rotation, help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Give me the complete diagram as listed on the motor and I will send you back a new diagram.

I came up with this for the one Pictured.

Attachments

• baldor_1.gif
    baldor_1.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 516
Or you could just use the switch as a terminal block.

Attachments

• baldor_2.gif
    baldor_2.gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 519
Hi John thanks for the reply I'm gonna try what you have there but it looks like what I had and I was getting humming from the motor even in the off position. I'm gonna try what you have figured but I already ordered a drum switch I'm positive that will work. I don't think that toggle switch has enough terminals for what I'm trying to do I think the line in needs to be seperate from the 2and 4 wire combination until you flip the switch and everthing needs to come together then to get it going. Thanks for your help I sure appreciate it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back