Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Change forum name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styx

is it possible?

If it is then I may change mine. Got kinda tired with my current one. But, what to change it to? Any suggestions?

Mike.

Why change a name?

Names are sound and smoke anyway.

If a change is considered it should be easy to spell like: "Wrzcycinskybrmsikowsy" :D

(translated from Russian which means anode and cathode) :)

Last edited:
meh, ok then
Its just everywhere else I am "Naib" gets a bit confusing those few times FF doesn't autolog me in

What you want to do is change your user name not the forum name

Create a new account with the new name, stop using the old one... Not complicated.

Nothing to do with me, but I would say it's an utterly stupid suggestion!.
How so? On other forums I am registered with, user names can be changed by simply asking a moderator's approval; so, that makes it an utterly stupid suggestion on my part? :confused: It was just a logical "suggestion"!:p

How so? On other forums I am registered with, user names can be changed by simply asking a moderator's approval; so, that makes it an utterly stupid suggestion on my part? :confused: It was just a logical "suggestion"!:p

He didn't say he wanted to change his 'user name' but the 'forum name'.

Firm grasp of any language let alone english has never been particularly common around here =)

He didn't say he wanted to change his 'user name' but the 'forum name'.
I've got to start eating a breakfast more often ... maybe drink more coffee ... my bad!:eek:

Yes, I agree that changing the forum name is pointless. Furthermore, STYX doesn't even give a reason as to why the need. Maybe he needs to eat more breakfasts too!

Last edited:
I've got to start eating a breakfast more often ... maybe drink more coffee ... my bad!:eek:

Yes, I agree that changing the forum name is pointless. Furthermore, STYX doesn't even give a reason as to why the need. Maybe he needs to eat more breakfasts too!

well... I point quite a few people from the gentoo forums here when their electrical queries goes outside of my power/analogue/fpga relm, likewise I point a few people from IRC to this forum.
in both of those (infact virtually everywhere else) I go by the handle "Naib"

just trying to consolidate usernames

You could add, "Also know as Naib." in your signature.

The Vbulletin forum I run, only the admin can change the username (not the mods), but it can be changed if an admin wanted on mine.

I gave up a username here many years ago, do not recall why, I just started over with a 1 on the end.

well... I point quite a few people from the gentoo forums here when their electrical queries goes outside of my power/analogue/fpga relm, likewise I point a few people from IRC to this forum.
in both of those (infact virtually everywhere else) I go by the handle "Naib"

just trying to consolidate usernames

I think that the owner/moderators should listen to this and change his user name. Why not?

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back