Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ceramic Resonators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so why post the TINY-IR-II design?
What's the resonators speed?
Which PIC are you using?
Which IR detector are you using?

1/ The TINY-IR decoder is the one used in the schematic. I need to understand this schematic before I can modify it.

2/ 4 MHz (although this is not the issue)

3/ I am not using a PIC. Please refer to my previous posts.

4/ Please refer to post #8 for encoder and decoder. The IR detector is one I've salvaged from a VCR recorder. It seems identical to the one used in the schematic.

Last edited:
Okay maybe I should have posted the full schematic earlier. My apologies.

Attachments

• fullschematic.jpg
    fullschematic.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 221
  • fullpicture.jpg
    fullpicture.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 166
  • text.jpg
    text.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Ah well then you substituted a completely different part for the TINY-IR decoder.
How did you arrive at the conclusion an RF600 part could be substituted?

Neither the RF600D or RF600E require a resonator, they are made for RF.
They are also not IR modulators and may or may not be IR compatible and don't even have the same pinout as the TINY-IR (PIC)

Notes the book shows a TINY-IR (needed resonator) the TINY-IR-II does not.

Ah well then you substituted a completely different part for the TINY-IR decoder.
How did you arrive at the conclusion an RF600 part could be substituted?

Neither the RF600D or RF600E require a resonator, they are made for RF.
They are also not IR modulators and may or may not be IR compatible and don't even have the same pinout as the TINY-IR (PIC)

Notes the book shows a TINY-IR (needed resonator) the TINY-IR-II does not.

Alright thanks the clouds are starting to clear now.

I only went for the RF encoder/decoder because I cannot find an IR one anywhere in the UK. Any suggestions for where to get one would be very welcome!

Also I have done my best to find the datasheet for the TINY-IR but all I could find was the TINY-IR-II. Where can the TINY-IR datasheet be found? Is it the same as the TINY-IR Learning Decoder ? In which case pin 2 seems to be an LED pin ...

Last edited:
The TINY-IR-II (it's just a preprogrammed PIC) can be substituted for the TINY-IR, just omit the resonator.

Sidenote, most IR detectors require decoupling. See the IR datasheet for how (usually 100ohm resistor & 4.7uF cap)

Last edited:
If you're willing to make the leap into microcontrollers you'll find lots of IR encode / decode stuff here and on the net. Nigels tutorials include some Manchester routines.
PICs and PIC programmers are easy to find in the UK.

Also if you make your own IR decoder you can probably use almost any TV remote as the transmitter.

Are you aware of the last post's date?

Hi,

Wow this is an old thread haliburton, are you looking at a similer chip to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back