Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ceramic capasitor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOR3SKIN

I'm replacing a ceramic disc cap. and I need someone to translate for me.
I need to know what this means:
472M
KY250
x1y2(?)
Any help would be appreciated.

No, capacitance and the voltage rating of a capacitor are completely different. Capacitance is what it "is" when it operates, and voltage rating is what "what conditions it can operate under".

Last edited:
ouch... that is actually a 250VAC line safety rated cap. x means across the line and y means line to neutral.

Dan

What sort of cap. should I buy? I would likely have to buy on ebay. what should I be looking for? Thank you.
The cap you have is safety rated and what you need to buy varies with where you live. Chances are you want to look for a 250VAC VDE (i don't remember what VDE stands for exactly, it is the german standards agency) cap.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back