Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nikson93

Just found this on alliexpress and I need more then 100 of them. They say it is original but to be honest doesnt look like that. Any of you can help me please. Thanks.
Here is Link .

AliExpress sells cheap clothes and shoes.
The ICs are Chinese and made by an unknown company. At least one review says they do not work and another review says they are trash.
But their price is VERY low.
Instead buy Name Brand parts from a real electronic parts distributor.

100 of them are $0.254 at TI. If they are something you want in the near future, and something you need to have work, I'd suggest ordering from TI.

I am waiting for a bunch of stuff from AliExpress that they some how managed to change the addresses on when they "upgraded" me to consolidated shipping. Thus far, they refuse to recognize the error, even though it was pointed out days after ordering. "Wait a little while longer"....even after they've been been delivered to wrong addresses in several different states.

Note: my comments concern only AliExpress. I have purchased many quality, innovative components and and other products from China.

One thing to realize about AliExpress – it's an umbrella company servicing many different vendors. When you order from 'AliExpress', you are actually buying from a small vendor, who may be more or less honest and now may be knowledgeable about what he's selling.

Once AliExpress takes your money, the rest of your dealings are with the small vendor, and there doesn't seem to be anybody from the umbrella company to deal with until many dispute options have been exhausted. Sadly, it seems some vendors seem to count on running out the clock on disputes rather than solving them.

When you order from eBay on the other hand, you are dealing with a particular vendor. Communication is directly with them, and they have a reputation to uphold. Quality vendors depend on your continued support, and will resolve issues quickly.

[Continued later – plane is taking off]

Look at this post:

I just went through that whole ordeal with the same chip.... Get them direct from TI, it's easy and quick, and the prices are reasonable.

Other reputable sources for parts are LCSC.com (related to JLCPCB), which is the Chinese equivalent to Digikey. Many of the board fab houses, such as iTead, Seeed and Elcrow also sell components. These will be quality components, as they have their reputation to protect.

Another quality source for components is Tayda Electronics. They are based in Thailand, WITH US warehouses. Their prices are excellent and delivery quick.

Audioguru unfairly disparages a large swath of people with a broad brush. Some sources in China are not reputable but if you understand the system, and deal with a well known company or ebay vendor, you can purchase quality products.

Audioguru unfairly disparages a large swath of people with a broad brush. Some sources in China are not reputable
I've bought many devices off of ebay and never had a problem with any of them. AG seems to have a huge problem with stuff made in china. When I was a teenager, anything made in Japan was cheap and nasty, now, top of the range. China used to be very cheap and dodgy but are now producing quality products.
Guess I'll just keep using my own experience to decide.

Mike.

I've bought many devices off of ebay and never had a problem with any of them. AG seems to have a huge problem with stuff made in china. When I was a teenager, anything made in Japan was cheap and nasty, now, top of the range. China used to be very cheap and dodgy but are now producing quality products.
Guess I'll just keep using my own experience to decide.

Mike.

Aliexpress, Alibaba, and Banggood are well known for supplying fakes - all three are essentially market places, with sellers just using their websites - and if you've never had a problem with Ebay you must be one of the few people in the world who haven't.

Amazon market place is no better either - with the same sellers on there as on the Chinese sites and Ebay.

However, in all cases there's no bother getting refunds, just contact the website and not the seller.

There are two active threads about cheap and defective CD4026 ICs.
The problem is with AliExpress, Amazon and some vendors on ebay.
Why buy their cheap sometimes fake junk??

The thing is, I got 15 from amazon for $11.95, and they were defective, and had a shipment delay that resulted in a wait time of two weeks. They were shipped all clumped together in a small anti static bag, with bent pins.
I returned them for a refund (luckily free) and ordered 15 directly from Texas instruments off their website, for $12.50, (that includes shipping) and received them in 5 days, nicely displayed individually and separately in a box on a anti static mat. And they work!
I am usually one to avoid the bigger companies such as Mouser and Jameco, for the reason of shipping costs on small items. It's silly to pay $8 to ship a 50 cent part by UPS/Fedex and have it take a week, but I think I'll try some now if the price + shipping is comparable (plus I'm older now and can actually afford it) . Although I do wish they would just stick it in a padded mailer and drop it in the US mail for a buck....
But on the other hand, I've also been ordering off of Ebay direct from china suppliers, and except for the long delivery time, I have been lucky and not really had any issues for years.

The thing is, I got 15 from amazon for $11.95, and they were defective, and had a shipment delay that resulted in a wait time of two weeks. They were shipped all clumped together in a small anti static bag, with bent pins.

Unlikely they were from Amazon, they will much more likely have been through Amazon Marketplace, and were fakes direct from a dodgy guy in China.

So not 'defective' just completely the wrong chips.

If you ate in the US, USPS (postal service) is usually the best shipping option. For the price UPS and FedEx charge for ground shipping or even less, Priority Mail usually arrives in two or three days compared to two weeks for ground from the other guys.

If you ate in the US, USPS (postal service) is usually the best shipping option. For the price UPS and FedEx charge for ground shipping or even less, Priority Mail usually arrives in two or three days compared to two weeks for ground from the other guys.

In the UK normal post is almost certain to be next day, or if you're in a poor area (like London and parts of the South) it could be day after next.

RS Components use ParcelForce (part of Royal Mail) and it's extremely rare not to arrive next day - even if you order as late as 8:00pm at night. Farnell, another major worldwide supplier, use UPS, and that's somewhat inferior, day after next is usual.

A number of years back, for some reason (possibly tax breaks?) a number of manufacturers moved their spares departments to Belgium (for all of Europe) - but even at that parts always arrived next day via DHL, flown in from Belgium to our nearest airport.

I bought from the same seller, got CD4017 marked as CD4026 with date code of 81A5YTK. I got good experience with this seller before for other chips and passives but this exact chip I got ripped off twice with two sellers._

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back