Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CD4017 16step seq troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. The POP sounds do not come from the 555. The sounds come from the outputs of the CD4017 ICs. I think you need beeps, not POPs.

Do you have an ordinary high current 555 that needs supply bypass capacitors that are not shown in your schematic? Or do you have a Cmos low current 555? If you have an ordinary 555 then its 400mA supply current draw each time it switches might be causing the supply to the CD4017 ICs to collapse and mess up the counting.
I use TLC555 cmos timer.

Oops I think I used the wrong term there, by 'sync' I meant one 4017 counts 0-9 and then the other counts 0-6 (yes the first 7 steps), so I spose they are not synced, sequenced would have been a better term.
Pin 2 of the 555 in astable mode will give you a triangle wave, if thats what you need, though you'd need to buffer it with a unity gain op amp or a emmiter follower transistor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back