Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CCCV circuit using opamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelam29

Dear frnds
i want to design a simple circuit which gives constant current 1A and constant volatge 48V using simple opamp or any ICs.please help me out.

You can't have constant voltage and constant current at the same time unless you have a constant load. You either adjust the voltage to keep the current constant, or you adjust the current to keep the voltage constant.

If you have a constant load, you don't need to make a constant current/voltage source since the load never changes. For a given load, you can only pick either the voltage or current you want through it, not both. If you pick voltage, the load will decide what the current will be. If you pick the current, the load will decide the voltage.

So your question makes no sense.

Last edited:
okie. so i need to keep only one thing constant. if i want to keep my volatge constant 48V then how will ckt design out to be.

Get a DC voltage supply of larger than 50V or a bit larger. Get a 48V zener diode and an op-amp that can source your desired current (about 1A right?) and tolerate your voltage supply.

Make a voltage follower or buffer with the op-amp and use the zener diode (with a resistor) to make a 48V reference to feed into the voltage follower inputs. The op-amp should replicate the 48V of the zener, but with higher current drive.

Or you can use transistors instead of the op-amp voltage follower:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_regulator

You could just use a resistor and zener diode, but I get the feeling your current requirement is too large for the zener diodes that you can probably get your hands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back