Cash Register Password and user Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
The battery will just be supporting a RTCC chip ( guess ) the Flash memory you call EE possibly has the codes. there will be some method of clearing the password to a default, how else would the factory send out the boards ? . post a picture.

This is the Photos I taken.....

Attachments

• DSC00152.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 161
  • DSC00153.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 156
  • DSC00154.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 147
  • DSC00155.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 153
What connects to these pins. are one side of the row all gnd , 0v... looks like a set of option straps.

I think there is no Hardware based options. Only with Software... Please check the HEX file, Last section ....

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
I see where you are coming from , but these look like null terminated message strings , It would not be a good practice to store the passwords amongst them , they would be in another block. from what i see the keyboard does not have alpha A-Z keys, for the password ? have you seen "Formula" on the display.

The register would have a program mode these would be text to display in that mode, got a picture of the keyboard, previously I asked if there was a key switch ?

This is the Machine....

**broken link removed**

I cant contact with the company... An error message showing when I connect or send messages....

Can you please approch the company for User name and Password?

Thank you

Try 8 spaces ( blank ) for the name and 4 "((((" and 4 spaces for the password...

It seems there is a place in that ram for several name's and passwords

Now I see it has a qwerty , a key switch ????????? Have you tried 'supervisor' and 'password' ? as I said I would be very surprised if they will tell anyone ether by phone or email the login method , If you had a safe and wanted the combination , could you ring and ask the manufacture the code number ? The totals and data in the register belong to the owner only.

'supervisor' and 'password'

are not working...

So thank you so much to guide me...

Tomorrow, I can contact the company for password and user name.

If they dont give it, I will break the machine appart and take the key board and some other parts for my next project. I dont decide what is my next project.

According to Ebay.com, the switchs are much costly and really I want that. If the machine will work, I can use the machine. If not Ican use the keys...

SO A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENSION IN MY POST.....

my guess would be not enough for all the quoted "cashiers, supervisors and managers" , is an RTCC visible ?

Finaly I got the password form the company.

There are no User Name, User name are : nill

Password : BOSS(current time on the display) like "BOSS0345" if current time is 03:45:32 ( HH:MM:SS)

Now the machine is in my control.

and a happy news too.. The Tangent System is like to post me as a service provider in my district.

Thank you So much to granddad, ronsimpson, kubeek, JimB to all their effort to find the password..

Thank you So much again

Sorry manoj If I had been on the end of that call I would not have provided that info, For instance, a crooked manager could take out the battery , phone and get the password sign in with his own password , take cash all day, reset the machine , put the takings in his pocket , Owner none the wiser , well could be but they usually bit thick... have a nice curching ( sound of money in till ) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…