Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cash Register Password and user Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
The battery will just be supporting a RTCC chip ( guess ) the Flash memory you call EE possibly has the codes. there will be some method of clearing the password to a default, how else would the factory send out the boards ? . post a picture.

This is the Photos I taken.....

Attachments

• DSC00152.JPG
    DSC00152.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 159
  • DSC00153.JPG
    DSC00153.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 155
  • DSC00154.JPG
    DSC00154.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 146
  • DSC00155.JPG
    DSC00155.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 151
What connects to these pins. are one side of the row all gnd , 0v... looks like a set of option straps.
pins.jpg

I think there is no Hardware based options. Only with Software... Please check the HEX file, Last section ....

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
I see where you are coming from , but these look like null terminated message strings , It would not be a good practice to store the passwords amongst them , they would be in another block. from what i see the keyboard does not have alpha A-Z keys, for the password ? have you seen "Formula" on the display.
passw.jpg

The register would have a program mode these would be text to display in that mode, got a picture of the keyboard, previously I asked if there was a key switch ?

This is the Machine....

**broken link removed**

I cant contact with the company... An error message showing when I connect or send messages....

Can you please approch the company for User name and Password?

Thank you

According to their website, Tech Support is contactable by phone or fax.

Now I see it has a qwerty , a key switch ????????? Have you tried 'supervisor' and 'password' ? as I said I would be very surprised if they will tell anyone ether by phone or email the login method , If you had a safe and wanted the combination , could you ring and ask the manufacture the code number ? The totals and data in the register belong to the owner only.

'supervisor' and 'password'

are not working...

So thank you so much to guide me...

Tomorrow, I can contact the company for password and user name.

If they dont give it, I will break the machine appart and take the key board and some other parts for my next project. I dont decide what is my next project.

According to Ebay.com, the switchs are much costly and really I want that. If the machine will work, I can use the machine. If not Ican use the keys... :)

SO A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENSION IN MY POST.....

my guess would be not enough for all the quoted "cashiers, supervisors and managers" , is an RTCC visible ?

Finaly I got the password form the company.

There are no User Name, User name are : nill

Password : BOSS(current time on the display) like "BOSS0345" if current time is 03:45:32 ( HH:MM:SS)

Now the machine is in my control.

and a happy news too.. The Tangent System is like to post me as a service provider in my district.

Thank you So much to granddad, ronsimpson, kubeek, JimB to all their effort to find the password..

Thank you So much again

Sorry manoj If I had been on the end of that call I would not have provided that info, For instance, a crooked manager could take out the battery , phone and get the password sign in with his own password , take cash all day, reset the machine , put the takings in his pocket , Owner none the wiser , well could be but they usually bit thick... have a nice curching ( sound of money in till ) .

Good stuff, well done.

JimB

... and now the whole world knows how to access the machine :eek:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back